Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Thank you and Verses from Timothy

First of all, I want to thank those of you who stop by here occasionally to check out the sporadic posts I put out. I am far too undisciplined in terms of actually blogging consistent, meaningful posts; that said, I enjoy posting some of my ideas and personal thoughts here occasionally.

I was watching "The Acts of Revelation" on BYU TV tonight and read/heard some great scriptures from to Timothy, a few of which I thought I'd share:

This is a true saying, and by all means worthy to be received, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief. Tim. 1:15

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their consciencee seared with a hot iron. 1 Tim 4:1-2

The first scripture really sums up the Plan of Salvation while the latter speaks to the modern society in which we live. I think the image of the conscience being "seared" speaks directly to how desentized we are becoming in our modern society to graphic sexuality, violence, etc.

Just some food for your spiritual thought.

1 comment:

Spence said...

I really like posts like this. I watch the same program as often as I can. Sometimes it can be a bit dry, but always worthwhile.

And I would have to say that the first thing I thought of when I read the second verse is about our vampire crusade. I know some people will think that is probably a little extreme, but I believe that is where some of our problems start. We grow calloused to the dark influences - and some of us even try to pass them off as good.

But when it comes down to the bottom line - all that is good comes from God and all that isn't comes from Satan. The well defined dividing line exists - but becomes blurred when we give in a little here and there. Thus a conscience doesn't become seared over-night, but by slowly getting burned by the heat only hell can bring.